Wednesday, January 12, 2011

More photos from nationals


I'm a bit behind the game, I know. But, I had some more gems of photos from nationals, so figured I'd post them. The first one is Hannah excitedly un-sheathing a plastic sword that normally lives in my trunk. Rob and Jamie had managed to forget the klister boxes in the house (seriously guys? You've been doing this HOW many years?), so we crammed them into my honda, which has a broken trunk, along with Cate and Hannah, and drove over to the race site. Crisis averted. But in the process of filling my trunk (from the side door) with wax boxes, we unearthed a plastic sword. And who DOESN'T need a plastic sword in their trunk? You never know.



Apparently, I embarrassed Cate to no end by telling her that she'd caught up to an APU girl (with the APU skier just in front of her), and that she should be happy about that. Cate ended up apologizing for her rude coach at the finish, but the APU skier didn't mind. It never occurred to me that it would be rude to point out an observation, that you have caught a skier from a club that is one of the best in the US. Whoops...


The only photo of Hannah I got, she was just going too darn fast.

No comments: